Thursday, March 3, 2011

Anthro Inspired "Zinc" Letters

I wanted to make a collage of pictures for my boys room and thought these would work great.
The price tag not so much...$18.00 each. So of course I decided to make them.

They were super fast and easy just the way I like my crafts to be and you can't beat the total cost:

Letters $3.99 each

pearl paint $1.89

Black paint..already had

Total= $9.87!

For two large letters!





Hey now...no potty talk! haha! The boys got the giggles when they saw them! Boys!

Here's how it was done:
Paint letters with black acrylic paint. Let dry. Dry brush on Metallic Pearl White by Folk Art. You may use a paper towel to smudge it around..it's super easy!





Allow to dry and hang! I used the handy 3M velcro hangers!

I may do some more fiddling with this arrangement...I'm thinking larger subway art! What do you think?

9 comments:

Emily said...

Cool, can't wait to see how they look in the room!

Emily said...

Never mind, I didn't see the bottom picture until now. They look great!

Colleen said...

It looks great and I love the red in there too!!!

-elle said...

looks wonderful, Natalie!

Sue said...

Natalie it looks great....I finally made my subway art for my daughter's birthday. Thanks for the idea and inspiration.....http://fruitylemonade.blogspot.com/

I can not wait to see the boys room finished :)

Momma On The Run said...

Where did you purchase the black and white guitar poster? I love it!

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

I purchased the guitar poster at Home Goods awhile back.

madorsey said...

How do you make the subway art?

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

I use Microsoft Picture It to make my subway art. You can also use Photoshop.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by and sharing what you think. Have a great day!