Monday, March 14, 2011

Love Pillow

Do you remember when I showed you this pillow I wanted to make for the baby's room. (Esty: HoneyPie Design $38.00)


After a little shopping trip to Joann's I scored some turquoise linen fabric 60% off and knew this would be the perfect project for it.

Here's how I did it...

For those of you that don't have a fancy cutter..you can simply print out a word and carefully cut it out. My font is Clementine Sketch.

Once cut out I simply cut it out of the fabric I wantedThen measure your pillow form. I used one that my sister gave me. Thanks sis!


Cut out your fabric (in my case the turquoise linen) about an inch larger on each side for one side of the pillow and about 4 inches larger on two sides on the second piece. You will have on piece for the front and one piece for the back. This larger piece will be cut in half to make an envelope..I love envelope pillows!




Now the piece that was larger cut it in half and iron and hem one side of each section. (You still with me?)
The front piece attach your word on with fabric glue or iron on adhesive..I used fabric glue!


Wait for it to dry! This is hardest part for me..patience!

Now that it is dry, place the front fabric with the wording facing up. Then place the hemmed two pieces right sides together overlapping to fit front fabric with heming facing in or in the middle. Pin and sew around all edges...because you cut it about an inch larger than your pillow you will sew a 1" seam.


Trim your corners.

Turn inside out and stuff your pillow inside..Viola!




Endless Crafting...$2.00

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Very cute!! Hope you are good Natalie!

The Yellow Cape Cod said...

Natalie, that pillow is precious. Love it!

Emily H said...

Love it!! I may have to give this one a try!

Jennie said...

It turned out fantastical! AWEEEESSOOOOMMME!

Shelly said...

I love love love this!!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by and sharing what you think. Have a great day!